Jeff's Life

Stuff I do... I'm interesting, I swear.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

I hung out with Felissa last night. She got me an insane amount of Chinese food. Isn't she the best? Of course I had to travel about 48 hours to get down to the Murray Hill area where she lives, but it was worth. coming back home was kind of exciting. I took the crosstown bus on 34th St over to 8th Ave, and then decided to be adventurous and take a bus all the way uptown 70 blocks, rather than take the C train. sure enough, a bus actually did come. No joke, this was the fastest bus driver I have ever ridden with. The bus was an even empty, but I guess most people were looking to get very far uptown so there wasn't any need to stop at every stop. That's fine, except as bus driver was literally cutting off cars and doing around 180 miles an hour up 8th Ave. I didn't feel particularly unsafe, but I did feel pretty bad for a few people waiting at the bus stops that the bus driver in his rush to get Uptown completely messed because he was going 50 miles an hour and didn't feel like slowing down. I thought this odd, since the bus driver is really supposed to stop at the bus stops when people are waiting at the bus stops. In any event, I managed to get home in about 10 minutes, much faster than the time it would've taken me had I taken the subway. Go buses go!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home