Jeff's Life

Stuff I do... I'm interesting, I swear.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006




Alas, today is the final day of Iron Chef America season 4... my stint as Bobby Flay's stand-in is just about over. It was a fun time and I enjoy doing this each time. I think the next time (assuming this show is not cancelled) will be around May-ish. We'll see.

Meanwhile, I snagged a cool shot of "Mr. Chairman" (Mark Dacascos) and me. Mark was in a bunch of movies, usually as a villain. His notables are the bad guy in Cradle 2 the Grave and one of me and Maddy's favorites, The Brotherhood of the Wolf, a french film where he plays the Indian sidekick to the main protagonist and kicks serious ass in a few martial arts scenes that were inspired by video game cinematography.

Another funny story is that when Iron Chef aired last season, someone called in to complain that the american flag on the uniforms were on the wrong arm. That the flag's stars should be facing front because it is tradition to have the stars forward when going into battle. But the stripes were facing front, which means you are in retreat. So they re-sewed the patches on the opposite arm. Kinda funny that people complain about stuff like that rather than, oh, maybe how the secret ingredients aren't particularly exciting ingredients (the Japanese version of iron chef had live electric eels... the craziest ingredient we get is pork or onions).

Also, the girl and guy are in charge of wardrobe. They were the funniest people on set. they might let me snag the iron chef shirt later today... we'll see.

And here's a shot of Mario Battali's stand-in, John, a great guy who's done a lot of voice-over work and tons of theater. There's supposed to be a wrap party tonight but I can't go because I have to catch my flight to Florida early tomorrow morning.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home