Jeff's Life

Stuff I do... I'm interesting, I swear.

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Wow, I didn't realize how much SUVs suck... I ended up driving 478 miles, and filled the tank twice, so a total of about 27.7 gallons. With the interstate speed limit at 70 and pretty much everyone going 80, mileage is not so good. My average MPG was 13.5. That is pitiful. I spent $60 or so on gas. WTF? And that's with gas at $2.20/gal.

When I arrived to drop my car off in Orlando, I realized I hadn't filled the tank. So I left and looked for the first gas station. Within a few miles I saw a Chevron and pulled in. I swiped my card and got ready to pump when I realized the price for regular unleaded was $3.60/gal. I rang the "call for help" button and asked if the prices were correct. They were. OMG? So I left and went to the next one where gas was $2.11. So bizarre. Also, there was a little official sticker on the gas pump that said "Charles Bronson, Commissioner". I just thought that's funny that a city official shares his name with a badass movie star.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home