Jeff's Life

Stuff I do... I'm interesting, I swear.

Thursday, December 14, 2006

My ebay auction - go me, my LG eNV phone closed for $325. I only paid verizon $50 for it! Sweet.

Only problem is, I still only have my old Kyocera slider phone that works well, but really doesn't work that great. It works well as a phone, but, for instance, text messaging is a tedious exercise in patience. You punch out a few letters and then stop to wait for the puny microprocessor to catch up and actually see the letters on the screen. Other than that, it's basically fine and should last another two years. Then I'll be up for the "new every 2" deal with Verizon and can sell another phone on ebay. haha.

I decided to stop by a local Verizon retailer to see how much a new phone with no rebates, no plans, no discounts, would cost. The guy said the LG phone that I sold (which i said I had gotten but then lost and I had no insurance) would cost $350. I asked what the cheapest was. He pointed to a crappy little Nokia phone that had a big $20 pricetag (if you get it with a plan) and said that costs $115. That's kinda insane. Ebay is probably the best place to get new phones and the person who paid me $325 probably got a pretty good deal, all things considered.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home