Jeff's Life

Stuff I do... I'm interesting, I swear.

Sunday, December 10, 2006

A wasted night -- sort of. There was a party tonight at Jen's place. She is going to Australia for a semester (law school) and this was a holiday/going away party. It started really early, around 5, but of course I decided to read up on tax forms and before I knew it, it was already 9pm. Figuring on a plan B, I called pete who lives in the lower east side too. He said he was hanging out at his place and to come on over. So at about 10 i left my apt, hopped on the A then F and got out about an hour later at Delancey, (right next door to chinatown).

I called Pete. No answer. I texted Jen. She texts back "party's over, I'm home." I called Felissa. No answer. Avi was around but further uptown. Just when I thought, wow, I'm really glad I took a shower and put on a clean shirt, Maddy calls. She is sick from a ginger soup she had (not food poisoning, she doesnt think, just a bad reaction to the food itself). I put on my headset and walked about 3 miles with her on the phone, giving her a tour of the Lower east side as it turned into the east village, then murray hill, then west towards Macys and finally penn station (which was our home away from home back when she still lived in Long Island and had to take the train to the city).

Now I'm home. After several hours of "being out," I haven't had a single drink or even stepped inside a bar. I haven't even physically seen anyone I know. But I did have a wonderful conversation with my girlfriend while walking through the hustle and bustle of new york's nightlife. Good times.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home