Jeff's Life

Stuff I do... I'm interesting, I swear.

Saturday, December 23, 2006

Tonight I went with my cousins and aunt and uncle to the Jazz Standard at 27th and Lex to see the Robert Glasper Experiment. I have an interest in jazz whenever my cousin Ben (a real musician who is touring with "Hairspray") comes to town and wants to see a good show. These guys were just a little too far out of my comfort zone to be enjoyable. I like traditional jazz, but I just don't have the ear to appreciate stuff that is 'experimental'. But everyone seemed to love it so maybe I don't know what I'm talking about.

Later we went across the street to Via 27, had some beers, then went over to Aspen to meet up with Avi. The place was filled to the brim with kids - NY prep school kids who had just finished their first semester of college and were back for the holidays. Everyone was insanely young, and very drunk and often belligerent. Ah the young-uns.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home