Jeff's Life

Stuff I do... I'm interesting, I swear.

Saturday, September 30, 2006

A 5:50 mile!
I totally kicked ass today at the Fifth Avenue mile. I ran it in 5 minutes 50 seconds with my friend Jon.

It was the first time I've tried to just run 1 mile since high school, when we had to run 1 mile for gym class in under 10 minutes in order to pass the mandatory evaluations. Back in high school, I think it took me a second attempt to break 10 minutes.

The reason a one-mile run is so difficult is because it's too short to really try to pace yourself, but too long to do an all-out sprint. When Jon and I passed the finish line, we were breathing so heavy our throats were burning like a smoker's. We decided it had less to do with New York City air and more to do with the fact that we simply never pushed ourselves that hard to breathe that heavily. It took a good hour and a half for my throat to stop burning.

Here are some awesome photos of me and Jon in action. You can see how much I'm beating Jon. That's because I'm awesome and awesome guys come in first. Yes, I'm an entire second better than Jon.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home