Jeff's Life

Stuff I do... I'm interesting, I swear.

Monday, November 20, 2006

Last night I went over to a student's house and we began our typical session. Within a few minutes I heard music that sounded like it was coming from another room just beyond view. It was Electric 6's new album! I knew the girl has an older brother and thought "cool, this guy has good taste in music!" The album played in full and all I could think was "wow, this is going to make a great blog entry... my student's older brother is listening to E6, that's so awesome!"

The album finishes, but we're only halfway done with our session. The next song comes on. It's still faint, I can't quite place it. Then I realize, oh, this is Evanescence's new album. And I thought wow, this guy has cool taste. His picks are so similar to what I listen to, maybe we ought to swap playlists (though I dont have a lame-ass ipod, so that wouldn't work). But the music is a bit distracting so I glance around trying to find the source and I realize it's not coming from the other room. It sounds like its coming from a cell phone tucked inside the bookcase behind me. Weird.

Then I realize: it's coming from my mp3 player in my coat pocket. HAHA! It has speakers and i guess it accidentally turned on at some point. My bad. And of course just as I am shutting it off, in comes the older brother, from a totally different side of the apartment (so he obviously wasn't in the room I thought he was in). Oh well.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home