Jeff's Life

Stuff I do... I'm interesting, I swear.

Friday, November 17, 2006



My girlfriend Maddy is a looker. When we first started dating (wow, almost 8 months ago), I would talk about her incessantly to whoever I was with. After all, it was a rare thing for me to have a girlfriend. Early on, I was convinced Maddy looked just like Angelina Jolie, only smaller, and not insane. And jewish. I was emailing my favorite journalism school professor, Julie, and mentioned that comparison. She immediately coined the term: "the Jolie of Judaism." That was the funniest thing I've ever heard.

Fast forward to just a month ago. It's a small world. Several of my students are actually classmates with Julie's son, and the parents are friendly with each other. So Julie ran into the mother of one of my students and they got to talking about me and how awesome I am (as a student in journalism school and as a tutor).

So last night when I went to see that student, her father says to me, "Julie told me to ask you how the Jolie of Judaism is." I cracked up.

This morning, the mother of one of my students said I look exactly like Will Farrell (whom she met in person a few weeks ago). She said "you don't look like you could be his brother... you look exactly like him." Haha. And by extension, Farrell looks like Flay. What a trifecta we'd make!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home