Jeff's Life

Stuff I do... I'm interesting, I swear.

Thursday, January 04, 2007

A few years ago, after the coldest couple of days ever in New York, I vowed I would leave the city during the winter months for warmer climes. It simply wasn't worth it, I reasoned, to deal with the horrible New York City winter, the frigid air, my stubbornness against wearing 10 layers, and the negative degree windchill. I would plan to go somewhere warm, like Peru or Florida. I'd live there for a few months and sublet my apartment. It didnt' really matter what I'd do because to me, not being in the freezing cold was worth everything.

Fast forward to today. I am actually doing this: planning on leaving NYC during winter for much warmer places (australia, california, thailand and southern china). But the irony here is that we are having the WARMEST WINTER EVER in NYC... what the hell is going on?? yesterday was around 60 degrees. Thank god I can't really remember how I felt last year around this time, but it was really cold. the year before was really really cold.

It could be a lot worse. we could live in a city that holds the record for the coldest temperature ever recorded in north america

But part of the excitement of my trip was the ability to say 'good riddens' to the 20 degree days where you shiver during most of your run and never feel comfortable when you're outside. And now I can't do that. Oh well.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home