Jeff's Life

Stuff I do... I'm interesting, I swear.

Sunday, September 24, 2006

I have a WTF moment I have wanted to share for quite some time. I bought this box of raisin bran a few months ago and could not get over the egregious math error plastered across the top in big red letters.

Let's go through the steps...

It says:
"40% more ... than our 20 oz package"

Calculator (or half a brain) says that should be 28 oz, since 40% of 20 is 8, add that to 20, voila, 28.

Read the bottom closely:
"30 oz"

What numbskull screws up math and gets in wrong NOT in their favor?? If the box is, in fact, 30 oz, that would be 50% more than their 20 oz box. Why the F would they exagerate in the wrong direction? Anyway, it annoys me that a) they lied about the contents, b) were too dumb to know they lied, c) no one paid attention to the obvious mistake (i guess b and c are the same thing.)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home