Jeff's Life

Stuff I do... I'm interesting, I swear.

Monday, September 25, 2006

Today I tutored for 6 1/2 hours. That is a pretty substantial amount of time. But today was particularly fun because I got to meet to new students, one for the SAT and the other for physics. The former had two absolutely gorgeous golden retrievers running around her apartment -- they were so cute and looked a lot like Tillie, my old dog who died a few years ago.

The other student of particular interest was the last one of the day. I hadn't seen him in over a year since he and his parents decided to give the tutoring break and see if he could do all the work himself. While this isn't great for business, I do feel that this is probably the best idea for many students who are highly motivated. Nevertheless, he called me back, and it was really great to see him. I busted his chops a little bit about what he was up to for the last year that I was away. When we started working, I noticed the math we were doing was quite similar to the stuff we were working on over a year ago. It was basically a pre-Calc review for his calculus class, but of course I had to bust his chops about that as well -- that I hadn't seen him in a year, but that we were right where we left off. He made quite a lot of progress since I left. I don't think he appreciated that!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home