Jeff's Life

Stuff I do... I'm interesting, I swear.

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

The bitter herbs… Meant to symbolize the bitterness of slavery for the Israelis at the passover seder, it is traditional to use horseradish. It tastes like shit and it's hard to eat, but that's the point. Unfortunately, China has no idea what the fuck horseradish is. So I had to improvise. (Even if the supermarket downstairs actually did have it, I wouldn’t know for sure what it is, nor would I want to taste whatever I bought thinking it was horseradish.)

So I did the next best thing… WASABI!! I figure we’ll mix it with soy sauce or just spread it on matzah – possibly a highly unkosher change, but it’s certainly in the spirit. It’s supposed to be bitter, not spicy, and this was the only other thing I could think of that wasn't just a piece of paper that said "maror" on it.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home