Jeff's Life

Stuff I do... I'm interesting, I swear.

Monday, January 15, 2007

Funny story... first, read the story below about how my friend Joke (pronounced yoka) saw me in a National Geographic documentary about the NYC subway that aired in Amsterdam (where she and Anuj live). I worked on that doc as a production assistant and did not think I was ever filmed, but apparently I thought wrong.

And apparently I am now something an international star...

Two days ago, I get a call from my old housemate from Hopkins, Julian. Let me tell you a bit about Julian -- he is a funny Italian guy from LI who also happens to be an amazing musician/conductor. I hadn't spoken to him in 1.5 years. He calls me out of the blue, from Grand Central, and says he just arrived in NY from Sweden where he was on vacation/doing some musical stuff. He says he took Malaysian Airlines and decided to watch a little TV. He turns on a NatGeo doc about the NYC subway thinking to himself, "what am I going to learn that I don't already know" as most NY-ers approach most subjects. And he sees the same shot that Joke had seen a while ago... me getting into a subway car. He said he had to rewind it and watch it again to be sure but yes, it was me. I am a star. I am in Amsterdam, and Malaysian Airlines... perhaps I'll get to see myself when I fly "Air Pacific" to Australia or "Finnair" to China.

I need a copy of this video...

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 11:56 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    That is actually really amusing!!!! And I love how Julian does that - just calls out of the blue - he did that to me too in the Netherlands. I always love seeing him.

    Jeff, I am really sorry we didnt end up getting together in NYC. You know how it is when you're somewhere for a limited time...

    And i appreciate you calling me the first attractive girl you met at Hopkins. :)

    I hope your China adventure is AWESOME! How can it not be?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home